Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My husband’s job ~The Admiral




Daddy Steve
What does your husband do?


Hero Steve
It's a question I get a lot. I know what he did do….he was a Firefighter/EMT for 15 years, an athlete, a soldier, a hero, a model.

I know what he is….he is a father, a husband, a Christian, a disabled veteran, a provider.

I know what he does for a paycheck….he is the bike supervisor for bike rentals at a resort. But sometimes it's hard to answer that question because there's not much my husband doesn't do.

Bike Supervisor Steve



Captain Steve
  • My husband is a Captain. He captains our vessels with the integrity not often seen and especially in the light of the tragic disaster of recent with a cowardly captain, we are lucky to have such a brave one.
  • My husband is a plumber. He replaced and repaired the plumbing in our boat. We have running water, new faucets and will soon have 2 heads after he adds a second one.
  • My husband is an electrician. He rewired lights, added fans mounted to the walls in two rooms and he has on his list to add a circuit breaker to supply more electricity to our shore power.
  • Diver Steve
  • My husband is a diver. He dives down and scrapes the bottom of the boat, cleans the prop, checks the thru-hulls and the zinc.

  • My husband is a teacher. He helps the kids with their History, Math and Science when I've reached my level of expertise.
  • Carpenter Steve
  • My husband is a carpenter. He tore up the old damaged floor; measured, cut and installed a new floor. Cut, measured and laid down new carpet.
  • My husband is a veterinarian. When our dog Ralphie ran off and came home with a large, deep gash on his leg, Steve cleaned, medicated, closed and wrapped it. Three weeks later, Ralph is a new man..er dog.
  • My husband is a meteorologist. He can predict the weather better than any professional weatherman I've seen.
  • My husband is a mechanic. He always repairs our cars, changes the oil, replaces brakes, and whatever else needs to be done to keep them running smoothly. He also fixes the dinghy outboard anytime something is wrong with it too.
  • My husband is a diesel mechanic. He completely replaced the diesel engine (Volvo Penta MD6A) in our old boat and keeps our sailboat motors running smoothly.
  • My husband is a masseur. He keeps me from having to have back surgery for my degenerating discs by his magic hands alone.
Chef Steve

  • My husband is a chef. His ribs are so good; you'll swear he's from Memphis.




So what does my husband do, you ask? What doesn't my husband do, I say!!
~The Admiral

I think he might be Superman!

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a package you have! Anyone would be proud to have him as their Captain and mate. :o)

    ReplyDelete