Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Faith ~Dolphin Dani

 What is faith? Faith means different things to different people. Faith is a noun and a verb. According to the Webster.com, faith, as a noun, means ‘belief and trust in and loyalty to God’. It also means ‘firm belief in something, for which there is no proof, complete trust’. Faith, as a verb, is 'to trust or to believe'. Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”

My mom took this picture at our church

Faith is a lot of things, and faith is pretty amazing. It actually goes beyond the church, and into your heart! I have faith that God will protect me no matter what when I devote my life to Him. I don’t think that means no harm will come to me, because when you are hurt, there is usually some purpose behind getting hurt; whether that is a lesson that I needed to learn or the opportunity to test my faith. All things happen for a reasonMy Grandma Peggy says that ALL the time but it's true. And now with our new boat, my family and I plan to stock up on bibles and other needed items, and head to the islands and spread the Word of God (aka the Bible)!! Mom and Dad made some friends down the dock that want to do practically the same thing! I will use my faith during those times knowing that God will be with us and use us for His needs and for His good. I am excited to see what adventure my life will take when I live my life for Him. 

Bethany Hamilton
There is one person who has taught me more about faith than anyone else and got me thinking about my faith a lot lately. That person is Bethany Hamilton. At the age of 13, she survived a shark attack that took her left arm. During her time in the hospital, one verse stayed in her head, Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I have memorized this verse and I think of it often. Bad things will happen to me but when they do, God will show me the reason behind it. He will give me hope and a future. Bethany is so amazing, determined and has a super strong faith! My faith has grown stronger because of her example and I think that's awesome!
So thank you Bethany; for giving me strength, courage, PLUS a super duper boost in my faith. You got your arm taken off by a SHARK, so that sort of means the bad things that happen to me are small, compared to losing an ARM. But I know that God is just testing us on how strong our faith is, and now I have a better perspective for when I have had a bad day. I have faith (or confidence as in Hebrews 11:1) that He has plans for my future and I will be ready for whatever I face.

Now you know what faith means to me. What does faith mean to you?

~Dolphin Dani


6 comments:

  1. It was so good to read this from a young person. What a blessing you are. I read every word of it. Thank you for sharing your feelings and your faith with all of us. You are also a very gifted writer. I look forward to meeting you this winter.We will be here for another 6 wks. My husband, Ted, and I know your Grandma Peggy. We are long time friends.God Bless you. Jan Siebert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Siebert,

      Mom said when Grandma Peggy comes down in 2 weeks, you and Mr. Siebert will come and see us and the boat. I look forward to meeting you too. Thank you for the kind words.
      ~=Dani

      Delete
  2. Wow here I sit at 3:30 am cant sleep tip toed down the dock past your boat with my little dogs and came back to be wide awake and what a blessing to be able to be inspired by you and your words your thoughts. Your hard work is not going unnoticed you are indeed a gifted writer. Thanks kiddo for these inspiring words I too love Bethany and her story thanks for the reminder to stand strong and hold on when times seem tough we should look around someone has it much worse. Have a great day see you soon
    Redletters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was given a devotional that is called, Jesus Calling. Today it had the scripture about walking by Faith, and I thought of you. You have blessed me with your words.
    Jan Siebert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, WOW!!!!!!! My Internet has been down this past week(still down..on a borrowed computer)so I haven't been able to comment before this. That's all I have to say........WOW!! Dani,you are so gifted. You have turned into such a mature young lady beyond your age. I can just hear you saying all of this. You have always been so much more mature for your age than anyone else I know. You have such inspiration to share with everyone that it gives me goose bumps reading your every word.
    Keep writing these beautiful articles. I'll see you in a couple of weeks and can't wait!! Love to all. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you an insperation for all of us,from the day i watched soul surfer,it opened my eyes,of how great God is,and how blessed we all are for being here...

    ReplyDelete